Watch Band extensions?

Big and small steel watches, metal watches like Rolex, Breitling and more

Moderator: WatchMaster

mainemike
Power poster

Watch Band extensions?

Post by mainemike »

Does anyone know if there exists an extension that would allow a watch with a smaller band to be worn by someone who has a larger wrist without adding links? My GF has a watch - Citizen B023 K006279 - and I am looking for a way to be able to wear it when she does not - it is adjusted for her wrist and if there was an extension I could just add for me that would be perfect. I was thinking of buying another of the same style and removing all of the links and just put the clasp on the remaining watch head to then be able to extend hers and to be able to wear 2 - one up and one down - that would be cool for dual times. But I think it may look too feminine so if I could just get a band extension and wear it on the inside that would be perfect. If anyone knows where to get the claps and extensions to add to the band please let me know in a PM. Thanks.

MiM
green man
Fanatic poster

Re: Watch Band extensions?

Post by green man »

To that style watch...I dont think so unfortunately. However, I know what do you mean:

This type of solution can be found from dive watches, and it allows you to wear your normal bracelet over dive suit when using that extra. I wear sometimes my wife's TAG Heuer because it fits me perfectly thanks to that extension. Meybe it is time to buy I dive watch for your GF. :wink:
mainemike
Power poster

Post by mainemike »

Thanks for the suggestion - my GF likes the smaller ones and this Citizen is her favorite. As much as she would look great with a dive watch I don't see here wanting one. When she visits she will wear a Swatch and take off her Citizen and I have often thought her silver one would look nice with one of mine. I held it next to one of mine and she even agreed that it looked really nice. She has a couple of links that could be added but then it would be too loose for her and she does not like wearing it like a loose bracelet. That's where I was thinking it would be nice to find a band that matches and make an extension piece with the clasps.

I am wearing a friends small Seiko that fits perfectly and I never take it off - I forget it is on. I usually wear a Swatch over it and my Casio G-shock next to that.
Do you wear another with your wife's Tag? I have seem those and have thought they would go well with another.
M
green man
Fanatic poster

Post by green man »

No need to do so. She wears mens's sized watches. 8)
mainemike
Power poster

Post by mainemike »

That's nice that she wears the larger ones . .and you get to wear 2. :-)
mainemike
Power poster

Post by mainemike »

I have since found a place for watch band extensions and to my luck I got my GF's watch to wear for probably the next month. I wear it on the inside as it is a bit feminine on my larger wrist and it does look and feel good when I wear one next to it.

I just need to find out if it is water resistant so I can just keep it on perpetually - as in the shower. If I didn't have to remove it that would be great. The Citizen Eco Drive watches with Water-Resist 5 seem to be okay for swimming - but this one has the Water-Resist-6 designation and I can't find what the '6' means.
I don't want to ruin it by submerging it so for now I take it off before showering.

But I gotta admit it sure is nice to be able to wear this finally!

:-)

MiM