Posting Pics On The Forum

Chat about girls wearing watches

Moderator: WatchMaster

spikesdudleydog
Fanatic poster

Posting Pics On The Forum

Post by spikesdudleydog »

instead of just copy and pasting the address from another site, please can you upload the pics via some site like imageshack.
its very easy to use and looks better than a load of web addresses just copy and pasted !

cheers people
jewelrypalace
Fanatic poster

Post by jewelrypalace »

he's right :)

use www.imageshack.us for uploading, it won't get simplier than that

-andi
spikesdudleydog
Fanatic poster

right here is a breakdown on how to get a pic on the forum.

when on imageshack

click browse and select what pic from you harddrive you wish to post, click open and then the HOST It Button

The copy the web adress that is featured in the box for Thumbnail for forums (1)

then paste into your post on the forum.
preview the pic to make sure it comes up as a thumbnail.

you should be in buisness then

happy posting people
spikesdudleydog
Fanatic poster

if people continue to just simply link rather than upload the photos via imageshack i will be forced to deleate the post !.
the whole perpose of having a forum like this is so photos can be uploaded and people are not clicking links all day long.

come on people, sort your act out !
jewelrypalace
Fanatic poster

Post by jewelrypalace »

i am sorry but technically there is NO difference between klicking on an image shack link or another one as long as you get directly to the pic and don't have to look for yourself....

in addition, it's much easier to post a direct link than downlaiding a pic just to upload it again, this takes more time

-andi
spikesdudleydog
Fanatic poster

the presentation on the forum looks much better when the pics go via imageshack.
you get a thumbnail of what you are looking at.
its much more appealing to the eye rather than line of web addresses.
it doesnt take ages to upload
jewelrypalace
Fanatic poster

Post by jewelrypalace »

you are the boss....

-andi
sevenson
Fanatic poster

Post by sevenson »

In my opinion it doesn't matter if you use imageshack or just put up a link. Even if it doesn't take long time to upload to imageshack it's enough for people not to bother. I would rather prefer people putting up a link instead of doing nothing. Good pictures are hard to find and we don't need a moderator deleting links just for the sake of it.

Just my opinion. :)
spikesdudleydog
Fanatic poster

it does matter because the look of the forum will be rubbish if its a load of web addresses.
plus if the pics are thumbnailed using a service like imageshack people can decide if they wish to open and look at them.
its not asking much that we have the best forum and the best looking one is it !
jewelrypalace
Fanatic poster

Post by jewelrypalace »

I can tell you that people won't contribute this way.

example: if you are browsing for pics and you stumble across some, you just do copy and paste and voila, all users have access to the link via the board.

if you want the pics to be uploaded via imageshack, the user who found them has to do extra work, he has to save them in a folder, the visit the imageshack homepage, then upload the pics, then copy the link...

this is too much work for people who are just surfing around the web

-andi
spikesdudleydog
Fanatic poster

lazy people.
if i can make the effort to enhance and inprove the forum i dont see why the people cant.
most of the posters will be saving the pics that they are linking to thier hard drive anyway. so it only takes a few seconds to upload via an image service
i still stand by that the users of the forum should attempt to make this a great site and not full of links
jewelrypalace
Fanatic poster

Post by jewelrypalace »

jeez..

have a lokk at all those yahoo groups: there are about 2-3 new posts a MONTH and you are talking about people that shouldn't be lazy abd care about how this board looks.

I guess NO ONE cares what the board looks like, all people do care about are the pics itself.

just my 2 cents

-andi
sevenson
Fanatic poster

Post by sevenson »

Well, I salute spikesdudleydogs ambition to make this forum the best looking of them all. :) I think we should try to follow his ideas, but judging by the (low) number of posts on the forum so far we can't afford to be too selective... :wink:
spikesdudleydog
Fanatic poster

thank you mate. its good to see that somebody can see what i am trying to achieve here !.
dodo
Power poster

just links?

Post by dodo »

Well. I feel comfortable just with links instead of imageshack or something like that.

This imageshack is a lot of milling araound, I'm shure, my using of imageshack was the first and for long time the last time.

I have to do some other work all day long, so I cant't waste half an hour to wrestle with this uploading, downloading, copy and paste ....

Sorry.