a man wearing women's watches

Chat about girls wearing watches

Moderator: WatchMaster

mainemike
Power poster

Re: a man wearing women's watches

Post by mainemike »

I was able to wear a friends Fossil watch for the last 8 months along side of one of my Casio or Swatch watches. I loved wearing it and thought it looked and felt great. My friend even inserted extra links into it so I could wear it - it was large enough that I could wear it as a second watch - and she could wear it as a 3rd.

My GF didn't like me wearing that watch so I have since returned it.

She has a Citizen watch that I have noticed for years and have liked - it always was too small for me to wear and she had offered it to me to try on and even said how nice it looked when I just held it in place. I recently discovered watch band extensions and just 2 links was enough for me to be able to wear it! I have had the pleasure of wearing it for almost a full week in the past. Recently she wore another one so I could wear this one as she knew I liked it so I have had it on for most all of the week. The other day when heading home I said how I should give it back to her but to my surprise she said to keep it till we got together again - in a month or so! It felt funny to be taking it away from her temporarily but I really do like it. I have been pushing it on my right wrist as I think it is a bit too feminine to wear facing up. It just looks like a chain bracelet on my wrist - but a 'smart' one as a chain won't tell the time. I just wish I knew if it was water resistant so I could not have to take it off in the shower. I may have to call Citizen with the model to see if they can answer that question.

The 2 extra links was just perfect so I can add another watch and can choose to have this one to the left or right and it looks great sandwiched between a pair of Swatches.

I'd like to know if other guys are also having fun wearing their GF's watches - you should try trading sometime. I feel like I am being hugged on my wrist while we are apart and it's a great feeling. If it looks too feminine just wear it inside and no one but you will ever know that you have it on. :-)

MiM
mainemike
Power poster

Post by mainemike »

So I have since had the fortune of getting my GF Citizen watch back to wear. When recently visiting her I brought the extra links and a couple of days into my stay one night she pointed at her watch that she had just taken off and said that I could wear it the next day. I of course put it on that night and slept with it.
I just love how it feels on me - I wear it on the inside as it is a bit feminine looking.

She has let me take it until we meet again which will be at the end of December and I am guessing I'll get to keep it for another month as we travel in January.
That's about 2 full months that I will have been able to wear it this year. I suggested shopping for a new watch for her - one that I might like to wear as well so I could trade her every time I see her - and maybe wear the 2 at once on occasion. ...she is not into wearing 2 but has done it in the past.

Currently I sandwiched a friends small Seiko and a small Swatch on either side of her Citizen - I love how it feels and looks to wear 3 on my wrist.

Anyone else wearing their GF's watch like this? Those watch band extensions work - and are fairly cheap.

MiM
mainemike
Power poster

Post by mainemike »

going on month 2 of wearing my GF's Citizen watch - pushing it on the inside of my right hand as it really does look a bit feminine for me to wear outside. It's routine for me now - I only take it off to shower as it's not water resistant. It looks and feels very nice with another Swatch by its side. When I wear 3 I call it my heavy metal look with all the silver together. I am hoping to get my friends Fossil again to wear - my GF only told me I had to return it but nothing about being able to get it back again ... LOL

I love the multiple look and have not seen much of that in any forums lately - maybe it's because it is Winter and Summer is the time to wear 2 or more with short sleeves?

Whatever the case hope to see more stories with pictures soon.

MiM
mainemike
Power poster

Post by mainemike »

I have collected Swatches for years and am looking to meet others who share the passion. I like the different colors and styles and I especially love how Swatch essentially started the multiple watch kick.

In an effort to meet other people who collect I loan my Swatches out to friends to wear with theirs with the hope they may meet collectors who notice them. So far I can't say I have met any other collectors but it has been a fun conversation piece for my friends. Recently I was joking with one of my friends and asked if I could wear one of her watches - a temporary trade - she immediately agreed saying how it was only fair - go figure!?! So I happened to mention the idea to my other friends who also all agreed ... so for the past month or so I have been wearing a Citizen, Seiko, Fossil and an Aviator along with my 2 Swatches. Yup 6 in all - and am LOVING IT!! To see a 'different' face when looking at the time is so neat!

I must return 2 of them soon to one friend but I may just ask if she has any others she is not wearing since she plans to keep one of my Swatches because she likes it so much.

One note - often the women's watches look feminine as they should - so I wear them on the inside of my wrists and to date no one has ever commented or even seen it as being anything but a mans bracelet. I call it a 'smart' bracelet since it tells the time. And I have found a place where you can buy extra links to extend the bands too - although 2 of my friends have actually offered to put in the extra links into their watches for me which is great.

I might be getting a Rolex to wear soon from one friend who is wearing 3 of my Swatches. Currently she only has 2 links to install and she said she would let me put them in. I may need to look for a couple more if I am going to try it.

So what goes around - comes around. Don't hesitate to ask and try something new. The smaller ones are so small and light that you will often forget you even have them on - even if you are wearing 3 on one wrist! Plus a watch is much easier to remove than a tattoo! LOL

MiM
klex
Power poster

Post by klex »

Hi Mike,

I also collect Swatch watches. I also love the colors and I think it's easier to get around wearing multiple swatch watches than with any other brand. I REALLY LOVE MULTIPLES! Most of the time, when I can wear long sleeves, I wear multiples. Sometimes I also add one or two of the smaller (double wrap) ladies swatches.

alex
mainemike
Power poster

Post by mainemike »

So it's hard to think my last posting here was nearly 10 years ago.

I am still wearing my friends little Seiko watch on the inside right wrist - I never take it off. And I have added my new wife's watch to the mix now. I found band extensions and wear the 2 side by side in the inside [aka Pushing] and have to say I love the feeling. It just looks like a couple of silver chains to anyone looking.

Over Christmas I was looking to but this Citizen Eco Drive watch that looked a lot like a Movado - all black face with silver bezel and band - I figured my wife would like it and maybe I could wear it with the one I sort of stole from her from time to time. She didn't like the look of it so the idea was nixed.

2 weeks ago on Facebook Yard Sale up pops this same watch I was seeking - seller said it needed a battery but I know it was an Eco Drive that do not need batteries. Long story short I got it - recharged it, the seller said I could have it for free, I got extension links for it and am now pushing all 3!

And on my wither wrist I have 2 on - one that needed a battery that I just got from a friend - I offered to put one in and she said I could wear it till I see her again in a couple of months - and I am pairing it with a Swatch. Been thinking of putting on a 3rd one just to balance things - 3 on each wrist but considering how the 3 I have on are all small I guess the 2 larger ones do balance it nicely.

Bottom line is don't be shy to trade a watch with a friend - it really is cool to have a new face to look at when telling the time. And if the band doesn't fit ask for the links - I have had 2 friends say they would look for and install links for me so I could wear their watch just because they felt it fair where I let them wear one of mine.
One friend installed the links and let me wear hers for about 6 months - I just returned it and she is looking for links for another one she has that she wants me to try.

MiM
mainemike
Power poster

Post by mainemike »

So since my last post I find myself wearing on average 5 watches . .pushing 3 inside on my right and 2 up on my left wrist. The 3 I am pushing are a Seiko, my Wife's Citizen and a Swatch. I actually like all 3 and they feel very good - I have gotten compliments from people. I have a friend who has a Fossil that I know I can get and I may just have to borrow that one and put on a 4th. That friend actually put links in hers to make it fit me which is very cool. They all have metal bands so that look like chains. On my Left I have 2 on - A swatch that belongs to a friend of mine and this other one, a Boccia, that I offered to put a battery in for a friend and she is letting me wear it till I see her again.

Another friend has a Rolex she said I could take and wear but the band is too small - I tried it and it would not fit over my wrist. She only has 2 links for it but it still won't fit. If the links were not so expensive I'd pick up some so I could wear hers - she currently is wearing 2 of my Swatches with her Rolex that she absolutely loves and is now addicted to.

It is fun looking to see the time and to have choices - and different faces too! I would encourage anyone on here to try a smaller watch - wear it inside - push it - and see if you don't also like it after trying it for a week or so. I'm hooked. Just too bad I have to take some off when I shower as they are not water resistant - otherwise I would not have no need to take them off at all.

MiM
mainemike
Power poster

Post by mainemike »

So recently I find myself with 6 or 7 watches on all of the time. The mix includes Swatch, Citizen, Aviator and Fossil. I have many Swatches that a lot of my female friends like a lot and when I ask if I can wear one of their watches in return I have been very successful in these temporary trades. SO successful that I want to wear ALL of my friend watches at once but because they are usually the smaller banded ones it gets difficult. One friend even added a hole in the band to let me be able to wear hers! - I am currently sandwiching it between 2 others. And on my right wrist I am pushing 2 Eco Drive Citizen watches along with a Fossil and a small Swatch - I call it my metal collection. By pushing them all [wearing them on the Inside right wrist] they just look like bracelets and no one ever questions why I have multiple watches on. I would love to add more to it but am a bit restricted by the size of my wrist.

I find people with small wrists are reluctant to wear multiple watches and people with large wrists wish they could wear more - how ironic!

Summer will be coming along with the warmer weather and I look forward to short sleeves where I won't have to wear them under my sleeve.

Don't be reluctant to offer to trade a watch you are wearing - you might very well just get to wear something completely different that you had no idea you could even get to do for the fun of it.

MiM
mainemike
Power poster

Post by mainemike »

I have recently begun collecting Citizen Eco Drives and have amasses about 7 of them - and find myself wearing 6 about daily - 3 on each arm - and am LOVING it. I have these 2 all black faces ones that I wear as bookends with a white one in the middle and get compliments on the 'set' frequently. Now I am looking for a match to one of the 3 I wear on the other wrist to be able to do more 'sandwiches'.
i really like the smaller ones as they fit so much better in multiples than the larger ones do on my wrist. And wearing them on the inside they just look like bracelets - no one knows they are watches unless I make them face up.

I would recommend trying some smaller ones - the challenge will be to find the links to get it to fit - I picked up a link removal tool for 2 bucks and now can pop them in and out quickly so if I get to borrow a watch I can easily make it fit my wrist.

I am looking forward to getting a couple if watches from a friend who will be putting links in hers for me so I can wear hers for a while again. it's nice having friends who support my hobby and let me borrow their watches from time to time.

:-)
klex
Power poster

Post by klex »

There are so many Citizen Eco Drive watches ... can you explain which ones ?
Niks
Fanatic poster

Post by Niks »

I'm a Swatch fan, it's all about swatch for me.