Daytona Vs Seamaster

Custom/picture/video requests for WatchMaster or other visitors

Moderator: WatchMaster

Kirium
Power poster

Post by Kirium »

This is brilliant!

Budo you never cease to amuse me, in a good way, that is! But you should know by now that arguments such as these can never be settled online as the truth is so easily distorted.

Magnum's PI, get over yourself. Professional Psychologist or is it Psychiatrist, not that it matters, you should have paid attention to your Hippocratic Oath if you are actually a Doctor as you now seem to claim. There are so many convenient truths in everything you have said so far.

As far as I can see you have both done a sterling job of "wind 'em up and watch 'em go" so gentlemen, and I do use that term loosely, hang up the gloves.

Mike.
Magnum's pi
Fanatic poster

Daytona Vs Seamaster

Post by Magnum's pi »

Kirium wrote:
Magnum's PI, get over yourself. Professional Psychologist or is it Psychiatrist, not that it matters, you should have paid attention to your Hippocratic Oath if you are actually a Doctor as you now seem to claim. There are so many convenient truths in everything you have said so far.
Hate to burst your bubble, squire, but (said through gritted teeth) I am a psychology LECTURER; not a medical practitioner, therapist, or counsellor. I have a PhD, not an MD. No oath is necessary to teach within the academic arena, and besides, no information relating to any other person was divulged (oh, with the exception of Katie's status as an SHO, but she said it was ok, anyway) So, what do you consider to be a 'convenient truths'. Come on brainiac, we all want to know! I've always wondered whether my life was a dream, so maybe you can enlighten me?
Shane
Fanatic poster

Re: Daytona Vs Seamaster

Post by Shane »

Reading through some of Magnum's post I always believed he was telling tall tales/ talking crap:
Magnum's pi wrote:I've always wondered whether my life was a dream, so maybe you can enlighten me?

It seems so. Do you have time to work in a jewellers, teach A-level and University students as well as writing for the Guardian?

http://www.watchgirls.net/forum/viewtop ... ight=#3753
Magnum's pi wrote:Just wondering why the change in name? There isn't a single watch on the planet made of metal (I should know; I work in a jeweller's!) so why change it from 'steel'? Very odd.
Magnum's pi wrote:Just seems a bit pointless really. I mean, we don't get many customers coming into our shop and asking for a Rolex model 'in metal'.
http://www.watchgirls.net/forum/viewtop ... ight=#4356
Here on the 22nd August 2007 you claim you're single
Magnum's pi wrote:Are there any gorgeous young ladies out there who would like to model it for me? I'm single at the moment
Yet here, at the very start December 2007 you claim you have a girlfriend who you bought a rolex for more than £6,500 after dating her for what could only be a maximum of three months.
Magnum's pi wrote:Hmm, not much of a mathematician, are we? The cost of a Daytona today, is between £6,500 and £7,000. I know because when I bought mine, it cost me £6,599, whereas Katie's cost me a little more.
http://www.watchgirls.net/forum/viewtop ... c&start=15

Obviously it's possible you could have got together with a girl at time but I doubt you'd be buying her a rolex after a maximum three months of dating.

I await correction on this matter
Magnum's pi
Fanatic poster

Daytona Vs Seamaster

Post by Magnum's pi »

Wow, you really need to get out more, Shane! The banter between Budo and I ended over three months ago, so I am quite surprised that this is still on your mind; even when we haven't mentioned it!

Ok, no; I didn't work in a jewellers, never have done. Lock me up and throw away the key! But my point was always valid; you don't see many watches listed as 'metal'.
But as far as my other careers are concerned, I am a psychology lecturer, who writes for newspapers etc on a freelance basis, every so often. And as far as Katie's Daytona is concerned, I know people who have got engaged within three months, and have spent thousands on an engagement ring. I am very fortunate that money isn't a problem anymore, so if it's not going to cause financial problems, why shouldn't I buy the lady in my life what she wants?
jimpetersdog
Dedicated poster

Post by jimpetersdog »

Think its awesome you managed to convince your other half to buy a daytona. Is it with a black or a white face. I would love to buy my partner one, but they are too hard to track down? She'll have to make do with an SD! Cool to see some pics if you don't mind. If not no worries.
Magnum's pi
Fanatic poster

Daytona Vs Seamaster

Post by Magnum's pi »

She looks very sexy wearing it too! I have to give the lady credit; she chose the black dial model, but was crafty enough to get ME to pay for it! I'll ask her if it would be ok to post some pics, and see what I can find. Equally, would love to see pics of your lady and her SD. Maybe if you posted some, my gf might be a bit mre comfortable posting hers.
Shane
Fanatic poster

Post by Shane »

Magnum's pi wrote:Wow, you really need to get out more, Shane! The banter between Budo and I ended over three months ago, so I am quite surprised that this is still on your mind; even when we haven't mentioned it!
I never stray far from the metal section and only found the banter today. One of you mentioned a previous arguement, I looked through your posts to find it and came on those things I posted.

I'm not calling you a liar I just find your stories hard to believe. If it is true I apologise

Out of interest, why did you bother saying you worked in a jewelery store when it adds nothing to your arguement
Magnum's pi
Fanatic poster

Daytona Vs Seamaster

Post by Magnum's pi »

Because, if I remember correctly, I was talking to my friend who works in Goldsmiths in Oxford, at the time, and asked him for his opinion on the name change. So speaking as a 'third person', you could say. He confirmed that, at no point ever, has a customer, or a manufacturer, referred to any watch as 'metal'.

Why do you find my life story, and profession, s hard t believe? Is Steven Hawking any less credible a scientist, just because he's in a wheelchair with very few motor skills? I'm not a millionaire; just passionate abut what I do, and have been fortunate enough to have enjoyed enough success that I can afford to treat those who are important to me.
jimpetersdog
Dedicated poster

Post by jimpetersdog »

Magnum's pi wrote:She looks very sexy wearing it too! I have to give the lady credit; she chose the black dial model, but was crafty enough to get ME to pay for it! I'll ask her if it would be ok to post some pics, and see what I can find. Equally, would love to see pics of your lady and her SD. Maybe if you posted some, my gf might be a bit mre comfortable posting hers.
Drop me an e-mail and we can talk. thanks