They're on to us

Chat about girls wearing watches

Moderator: WatchMaster

Devon
Fanatic poster

They're on to us

Post by Devon »

When I go this site I only have to press the letter y (for Yahoo search results of "www.watchgirls.net forum") and this site comes up. I looked at a few other links and saw this:http://forum.lookbook.nu/show/29933-Can ... ropriately

Someone checked her traffic sources (9 days ago) and found out that her pictures were being used here and in Jo's watch fetish blog. She's really appalled to that and wonders what she can do stop this. I'm not saying we should humor her and remove those phots, just warning you that she and other people might want take actions against us using their photos. But maybe that is the whole reason behind not being able to use the watchgirls uploader anymore. If so then, I guess this whole post is a false alarm. Just thought I'd let you know.
OG Swatch
Dedicated poster

Re: They're on to us

Post by OG Swatch »

Not only is she upset, but the responders to her post are suggesting that she take legal action.

And to top it off - if you read her own replies beneath her post - she's turned off from wearing her watch! And some girls appear to be of the same attitude! This is now purely a secondary matter, considering the aforementioned legal threat.

Granted, this sort of thing has been going on for awhile on this forum, but DISCRETION IS KEY. Consider the consequences of trading information found on someone's social networking page. This has creeped her out, she no longer wants to wear her watch, she flagged this forums to others, they will start doing the same, and meanwhile we look like a bunch of creepy jerks. Everybody loses.

This is why we should NEVER disclose any information leading to someone's social network profile. In my humble opinion, there is nothing more sublime than a beautiful girl wearing a beautiful watch of her own accord and pulling it off with style. And now this particular source is ruined.

Devon
, thank you for catching this and bringing it to our attention. Perhaps we should view this as a wake-up call.
rightwrist
Fanatic poster

Post by rightwrist »

"Welcome to the real world!"

There are so many guys with so many weird fetishes, girls shouldn't give a f*ck about that, if you would you can't go on the streets no more... It doesn't mean everyone is gonna jerk off on your pictures! And if some do, who cares? Let them if they want to? Everyone has to do whatever he/she wants to do as long as other people are not creeped out by it. If girls are creeped out by the thought of guys looking at their pics.. well I got some bad news, if you put a picture on the internet there will always be AT LEAST one guy doing "something" with it..

Some girls are just so naive..

By the way, making snapshots is another story; personally i'm against those.
sevenson
Fanatic poster

Post by sevenson »

I agree with rightwrist. If a girl gets upset by this, that's her problem and not ours. If she doesn't want people to look at her pictures, for whatever reason, then she shouldn't have uploaded it in the first place. If she only wants to share her pictures with people she know, she can easily limit access to the pictures.

On the other hand, I also agree that discretion is important. It's especially important to not "steal" anyone's private pictures and post them on your own website or blog without permission. Because that's illegal.
Devon
Fanatic poster

Post by Devon »

I also think she's being a bit naive. If it's on the web, it's public and you (should) know what the public is capable of. Nevertheless I think I'll avoid posting sources to non-celebrities (unless people ask me for them). Fashion blogs are great for watch fetishists though. They're like wind power, you might not get much over time, but at least it is a replenishable resource.
jo18fuk
Fanatic poster

Post by jo18fuk »

WOW! I didn't realise someone would actually take offence, I've removed the pictures of this girl from the blog :(
VincentIII
Fanatic poster

Post by VincentIII »

Hey Jo what happen to your blog page.. looks like it's no longer there
""When it melts, what does snow become?" "It becomes ... spring!"" (anime quote)
Gee-shocked
Fanatic poster

Post by Gee-shocked »

At a guess,it's public domain no? There is nothing stopping you right clicking and saving pictures,are they copyrighted?-I doubt it.
Admittedly,I'd be pretty pissed if someone was using my pictures in such a way....But there again,I wouldn't be so stupid to have them on an unsecured page...

Make your own mind up whether right or wrong.