We might have a problem...

Chat about girls wearing watches

Moderator: WatchMaster

Gordy
Power poster

We might have a problem...

Post by Gordy »

... although hopefully not. Still felt this was worth bringing up anyway.

So, my most recent girlfriend and I broke up not long ago. Short version: she went snooping on my laptop and found some old spotted-in-public photos that I've posted on here over the years (mostly in the cuff-style watch section).

She flipped out and then someone else (no idea who) sent her a link to my old photobucket account, which made things worse. She posted about my watch fetish on Facebook, possibly posted a link to the account as well. It's since been deleted though. She's branding me a "creep", a "pervert", a "predator" etc.

She's also now threatening to report me to the police as well. I've done plenty of reading via Google about the legality of what myself and others have posted on here and honestly, it seems everything's fine and there's no grounds to have me prosecuted.

However, I take almost anything I read online with a massive grain of salt so if anyone's got any legal knowledge they could impart (bearing in mind that it'll differ from country to country) that would be appreciated.

Either way, the forum could end up being subject to some hostile or unwanted scrutiny or attention and, well, it's worth mentioning that a select few of us have posted some questionable material on here such as underage girls wearing G-Shocks. We might want to delete that stuff.

I sent Watchmaster a message about this a while ago but I imagine he is (understandably) busy as hell.

Anyway, hope everyone else is well and I apologise that my carelessness has caused this issue. Hopefully I'm worrying over nothing but better safe than sorry.
green man
Fanatic poster

Re: We might have a problem...

Post by green man »

Ouch. My condolences to what happened.

What comes to legal matters, I have a feeling that police have better things to do than investigate this type of issues. On the other hand; if that is a case that would be make every camera owner a criminal. Go to Instagram and type "portait" "sexy potrait" or whatever to see what I mean.
Gordy
Power poster

Post by Gordy »

green man wrote:Ouch. My condolences to what happened.

What comes to legal matters, I have a feeling that police have better things to do than investigate this type of issues. On the other hand; if that is a case that would be make every camera owner a criminal. Go to Instagram and type "portait" "sexy potrait" or whatever to see what I mean.
Thanks, mate.

I dunno. The search results I got back look to me like they were consensual pictures.

Still, I'm to understand there's whole communities of cleavage and upskirt shots out there...
green man
Fanatic poster

Post by green man »

And if you search enough from internet, you will find that Elvis is still alive, earth is hollow and so on. :wink: Just let it calm down.
rightwrist
Fanatic poster

Post by rightwrist »

Dont worry, be happy. There is a lot of different fetishes, one likes shoes, other one watches, other one handcuffs, other one high heels, other one likes feet. Its totaly normal to have a fetish like this, and if your ex girlfriend is acting like this, then you’de be better off without her anyway. In a relationship you should understand and respect eachother 100%. If my wife would have any fetisj, i wouldnt care what it was, i would just respect that she has it. Goodluck to you and once again, dont worry pal!
Gordy
Power poster

Post by Gordy »

Thanks, mate.

It's not so much the fetish that was an issue. She was aware of it and actually liked wearing one of my cuff/g-shock combos that I have from time to time.

It's more the unsolicited pictures of other people from years ago that caused her to kick off and brand me as a creep.