Same watch to wife?

Chat about girls wearing watches

Moderator: WatchMaster

green man
Fanatic poster

Same watch to wife?

Post by green man »

Here are the experts; tell your opinions. I disagree with my wife about wearing a watch. She says that watch is not suitable for more sophisticated situations; lets say coctail parties. She says that watch in ladies wrist is suitable only with casual/working clothes...
I agree this with bigger cronos, (she have some) but she is also having very nice steel Seiko that is in fact ladies size, and for my opinion it looks stunning with silver/metallic jewerly... :oops:

This issue came again to surface because I said to her that I will save some money to buy myself my long term dream and fetish; Omegas "James Bond" Seamaster and a little later to same mid-size version to her. She says that she cant wear it: it looks odd. Big, steel divers watch on ladies wrist. Excpecially in parties etc. + she is not diver or very sporty

I have some arguments to opposite:

-If I'm wearing same, but bigger model, its not accident and everyone will notice it, and it looks good; it tells about equal taste and choise. (We have now same kind of steel Seikos; mens and ladies model.) We have same kind of wedding rings as well! Why not watches?

-Seamaster is one rare examples of diver-watch that goes as well with suite or ladies dress in her case. (Opinion)

-Expensive watch is like a piece of jewerly

-If she is wearing Omega; everyone who will notice that "Chees, that lady is wearing big steel watch" will propably notice it also as Omega

So; have any of you tried this same-model-mens/ladies version with your wife and/or girlfriend? And how you have sold to her idea of wearing bigger masculine watches?
I'm sure that when she tries it; its byebye. That Omega is so freaking nice + comfortable to wear.

And yes. She knows about this fetish. (And what I think of seeing her only with hi-heel boots and that Omega she will have soon...)

Cheers.
Comment please....
Gee-shocked
Fanatic poster

Post by Gee-shocked »

Some girls/women, no matter what you tell them,they just don't or won't get the big watch thing.They say oh it's too big,not suitable etc.
All Ive found is if you compliment enough and others happen to, it can change their views,but not if there dead set against big watches.

And a woman being told what to wear is not a good thing unless you want to feel their wrath!! :lol:
Magnum's pi
Fanatic poster

Same watch to wife?

Post by Magnum's pi »

Hi, first of all, you have to respect the lady's wishes. If she doesn't want to wear a big watch, particularly if it's very similar to yours, you should respect that. Plus, if both of you are wearing gents and ladies/mid size versions of the same watch, such as the Seamaster, it does look a bit like a walking advertisement. I have to be careful, since my girlfriend has both a Daytona and a mid size Yachtmaster, whereas Ionly have a Daytona, and we have to be careful not to clash. It's fine if you're wearing long sleeves, but if in the summer, it looks slightly strange. Just look at David and Victoria Beckham; both wore gold Yachtmasters a few times, the same leather jacket and jeans etc, and look at how much fun gets poked at them.
My advice would be, if you are insistent on getting your lady a mid size Seamaster, go for the 'non-James Bond' models. Omega do some great ladies size in stainless steel, which are still Seamasters, but slightly different to the blue bezel. Very elegant, and can be worn both casually and formally. Have a look on their website.
green man
Fanatic poster

Post by green man »

Good points...
And more sense opinions than ones I got when testing same issue in some ladies fashion site: Shit. (sorry.) I was going to buy a gift, not to do something criminal. Its odd how much hate you can get with just saying "I want to buy a gift to my wife" :shock: BUT she is wearing quite big ones allready.
Meybe I just save the money and buy something nice to ME. Like Omega. Or Glock.

This definetely needs some studing. :D Thanks boys!
jo18fuk
Fanatic poster

Post by jo18fuk »

i'm quite selfish, i try to pick up girls who already wear big watches. it's usually a good conversation starter, especially when they see me wearing multiple watches. if i'm with a girl who doesnt wear big watches i try and convince her to. most of my girlfriends usually succumbe to my wishes! :D
VincentIII
Fanatic poster

to budocanuck and ari:

Post by VincentIII »

you have any pics of the Omega watches together?
not to often you see pics of a his/her set of watches
green man
Fanatic poster

Post by green man »

Bodocanuck: Model 21 is the one; 13 round of 45 ACP inside your palm....with less recoil than 1911. Model 17 is also nice.

But back to business; actually she dont care so much about watches. Its just watch. Not fetish to her. And when :oops: somebody had bought to her couple of big watches she wears them. AND she is started used to wear big ones. (And I'm really happy about that.)

You see problem in Finland is that we still live in dark-ages; you have one pair of shoes and (ta-daa!) one watch for life. :D
Its sad expecially with ladies. And she knows that watches turns me on and because of that I also like her to wear big, nice, steel, masculine watches. Its quite odd to her. :wink:
Meybe I should buy one small lady-like also. What do you think? And see what happens when she has more options. Comments?

And Vincent; no Seamasters yet. Only I have one at the moment. We have (Mens + ladies) same model steel Seikos. I see if I can arrenge group foto...