Is There Hope for us Americans?

Chat about girls wearing watches

Moderator: WatchMaster

metalfan

Is There Hope for us Americans?

Post by metalfan »

I went to Europe twice this summer....I saw so many girls with nice watches...metal and leather....:)

Now...I'm in college now....there are many more (than high school) girls wearing watches in general :) and more that wear larger ones....some even wear metal, and some even wear them loosely :shock:

my guesstimate is probably 1/3 of girls wear a watch frequently at my college....1/2 of those wear resonably large ones, 10% wear legit large ones and 2/3 of those wear metal

Europe seems to be more fashion-oriented than the States among the general populace. Could it...Could it be that European watch fashion is bleeding into the U.S.? :wink:

with this, I have a TRUE story:

I was in a friend's dorm room with some of her other friends....she puts on her metal watch (which is too loose to wear every day, it would get so scratched up) on her left wrist, and the links dangle around...such a pleasant sound.....it's a dark blue face....she starts playing with her hair, trying to make her hair into a different style (as girls seem to like to do), and the watch moves up and down her wrist...she is video chatting with somebody while I am hanging out with her roomate (of course with one eye on the watch :))...the face travels to the side of her wrist....then to the bottom.....i see the face jerking around as she types on the computer....then she rests her hand on her chair, and the face hits the chair because the watch is loose....

she's been trying to get her hair so that a tail sticks straight up....her hair bands (or w/e you call them) are too small.....so what does she use to hold her hair up? her watch!

it fits perfectly.....and she proceeds to wear it on her heard for the next 20 minutes or so.....then she puts the watch away