Too much smart watch

Chat about girls wearing watches

Moderator: WatchMaster

BlackRose
Starting poster

Too much smart watch

Post by BlackRose »

Hello guys

Lately, I see more women wearing smart watches, Im ok with it but it gets boring. For example, I use the subway every day, and almost every woman I see wears an apple watch or galaxy watch, the only thing that changes is the strap, not to mention that they don't care if its too big for their hand(no one checks first if its to big or small), even in my workplace, every person/woman I see wears a smart watch.
At some point I got bored, I think I'm going to start hating smart watches.

And yes I know, smart watch has a lot of pros(date,calls and messaging, music etc), but still too much.
I want to mention also hybrid watches shorturl.at/fint1, not a lot of people know about hybrid, it works as a analogue and has analogue design, but it has have partial or fully electronic screen, which is controlled by the dial.

I prefer to see a women with a Cartier leather tank(yea I know costs a lot $$$), Tissot or even a citizen, so many brands to choose, and for the price of 500 or less, you can find quite nice/beautiful analogue watch.

Are you guys bored of smart watches? will it be our fully future? what do you guys think?
Niks
Fanatic poster

Re: Too much smart watch

Post by Niks »

Totally know what you mean, smart watches is all I ever see now. They have all turned into lemmings and lost all colour/personality.

A lady at work who used to wear a white rebel swatch, has now switched to a white apple watch. Another lady who used to wear a black and orange swatch in one of the shops at the retail park close to me, has now switched too a navy blue garmin thingy.

Its killed it for me.
cuffedcaged57
Dedicated poster

Post by cuffedcaged57 »

Agreed... but I think it has increased the overall volume of women wearing watches.
Devon
Fanatic poster

Post by Devon »

Watches with square dials, meaning almost all smart watches, does next to nothing for me, so I don't like that they're getting more frequent. However, I don't know how many women would choose another and better looking watch if there weren't any smart watches to choose from or (worst case scenario) if they've replaced their previous, nice watch with a dull smart watch. I've seen a few instagram bloggers that I used to go to for watchgirl pics that have started wearing boring smart watches, but not that many and it's no great loss with the ones that have.

What I dislike the most with this smart watch trend is that women mostly seem to choose a white watch band or one of a lighter color, which along with the square dial negates any arousal, even if it doesn't turn me off like gold watches do.

Quality over quantity is the most important to me, so while the number of watchgirls may have increased with this smart watch trend, they're no use to me if they're the above square dial and/or white watch.

The ones that have a dark/black smart watch with a round dial looks pretty nice, although they're in a clear minority.
Cradlis
Fanatic poster

Post by Cradlis »

Same here. I was in town yesterday and was able to spot 10 Apple watch for 1 analogue model, it's insane. Square watches have the same effect on me than metal watches : nothing. But Apple watch are something else : they're devoided or beauty and personnality, every women looks the same. You can often guess a women's personnality with the kind of watch they're wearing. Now they all blend in the same place. However, smart watch are not a total no for me. Garmin forerunners or vivoactive, for exemple, are really attractive for me. But nothing beats a big swatch or a big leather watch for me.
BabyGshock16
Starting poster

Post by BabyGshock16 »

I agree, it really sucks to see 90% smart watch these days. Not many years ago I saw MKs and the like almost every day, now it's only apple watch with the occasional galaxy (which I dont mind as much). The other day I saw a girl wearing a white Baby-G in the middle of town and I wondered what year I was in for a minute as I have not seen anyone wearing one in so long. I understand smart watches can be handy for the features, but they just look so boring...
Stumb
Fanatic poster

Post by Stumb »

I think that some of the smart watches looks really good like Garmin smart watches. I have given my wife the big Garmin Fenix 3 in black. I have seen some other women with the same kind of smart watch and it looks huge on a slender female arm.

It is a shame that many women are using smart watches, but I think i is a trend, and some will use an “analog” watch again.
swatchinside
Fanatic poster

Post by swatchinside »

I think it's odd when you see a group of girls and they're all wearing the same iwatch with the same strap, like it's the default choice. Women seem to be wearing them more which is good but like a lot of you, I find them boring and not very feminine. I'm starting to see a few more metal/leather strap analogue watches again but very few. I guess it's good that more women are wearing watches but they are a bit boring. Wonder if they'll carry on wearing them if fashions change or if they're just an accessory like this seasons bag or scarf?
Niks
Fanatic poster

Post by Niks »

I have a feeling this smart watch phase is going to stay for a very long time, everything already is heading towards integration and 'smart' connectivity ie.. like laptops, mobile phones, tablets, tv's, house connectivity, smart doorbells, car security and now there is even integration with your electric car via your smart watch (remote heating or battery charge info). The possibilities are endless, so I guess people will turn to smart watches in droves to feel 'connected' or 'safe'. Its like how social media exploded, once people lived without instagram/facebook/tiktok/snapchat and a phone was literally just a phone, now your outcasted or considered 'weird' if you don't have any presence on social media.

The only small groups who I think will continue to wear analogue watches are the very rich with their huge million dollar designer watch collections shrouded in real gold and diamonds/jewels.

A time will come when everyone will turn towards smart watches and all those analogue watch companies like Swatch and so on will have to make a decision, either go smart and play catch up or risk going out of business. Could also be a possibililty that they may even reduce their anaologue range to a very handful of models/designs but their main focus/business model will shift towards smart watches.

Personally, I can't find anything remotely sexy or even feel attracted to anything with a LCD/LED screen - but thats just me.
D-man
Power poster

Post by D-man »

Niks, exactly my thoughts. Couldn't have said it better!

Unfortunately it is the cruel reality.
Cheers.
swatchinside
Fanatic poster

Post by swatchinside »

Sadly you could be righr Niks. In the 'old days' you/ladies might have had an 'everyday' watch and then a digital/sports watch if you were going running/physical activities or maybe a nicer, smarter watch if you were dressing up for something.
Now a smartwatch does it all. Wear it everday for work, it tracks your progress if you're running or at the gym and you can wear it on a night out or just take it off. I guess we only notice and think about these things as we're part of this forum!
Oh, and another thing about more ladies wearing smartwatches is there's hardly any insiders now!
cuffedcaged57
Dedicated poster

Post by cuffedcaged57 »

I solved this problem by getting my wife a michele band for her apple watch... I would much prefer she wore her deco all the time but its better than nothing.
BlackRose
Starting poster

Post by BlackRose »

Oooh wow I didn't know most of you, you will agree.
Yes the smart watches can do anything, but they can't provide beauty, go change the face of the watch, change the clock with some other, change the strap, still looks the same. In the other side analogue watches look different, from face to dials, can display date and night, month and date, it can have tourbillon(yeaa I know big $$$$), some have glass in the back, which make it beautiful, AND don't forget we have many colours to choose.
BlackRose
Starting poster

Post by BlackRose »

cuffedcaged57 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:08 pm I solved this problem by getting my wife a michele band for her apple watch... I would much prefer she wore her deco all the time but its better than nothing.
For that price you can get a analogue watch, if you payed 500$, tell you didn't do this, I will hate you lol.
SantosForever
Fanatic poster

Post by SantosForever »

I totally agree!

I don't understand why these people must always know if there are new mails, which is his heart rate, wheather forecast in Australia (if they live in Europe, of course...) and so on...
For these purposes a smartphone is enough (IMHO).

How sexy is a women wearing luxury watches like Rolex, Cartier, Audemars Piguet, Breitling and so on...?